About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Hello I’m Joanne the face behind StitchArt.co.uk. This blog is to share my work, other fab things & most importantly to share my thoughts that there is beauty to been seen in everything we see (well nearly everything). Thank you for taking the time to read my blog :)

Followers

Monday 6 June 2011

I had one of those weekends where you end up over indulging because the sun was out, thats my excuse anyway.  On Saturday morning after dropping my work off at Baytree Flowers I popped in to town and came across a new flea market, happy days. There was a lovely old dear selling vintage jewellery, I bought a gorgeous brooch & scarf ring for £4 each.  I also came across an old axe & tool box type thing,  I gave the axe a miss but snapped up the tool box its good quality, heavy and worth £2 of anyones money.
Tool box, I havent got a clue what I'm going to do with it yet.

Brooch / Scarf Ring


I arrived home to be greeted by a delivery from the postman from Flossie Lime Juice. We both make stuffed mice and last week at Saltaire Arts Trail we had a little swap!
Mr & Mrs Mouse, so adorable!

Moving on to Sunday I went to the Art Market I bought a fantastic ceramic bowl by Creatively Occupied.  There was time to nip in an antiques shop where I bought a great old box then it was time for afternoon tea at The Wrinkled Stocking.  I then popped over to Hebden bridge to visit the WI Rag Market.  On the way home I even had time to stop off at an ice cream van sat on the top of the Moors, it was freeeeezing up there!
This old box was a fiver in the antiques shop and the lady let me have the old tin Cig box for 50p.
My lovely bowl designed and hand made by Creatively Occupied.

Afternoon Tea :)


Rag market finds, 5 old cottons reels for £4, the worn old tape measure was 20p & the vintage wooden darner was £3.50.








































No comments: