About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Hello I’m Joanne the face behind StitchArt.co.uk. This blog is to share my work, other fab things & most importantly to share my thoughts that there is beauty to been seen in everything we see (well nearly everything). Thank you for taking the time to read my blog :)

Followers

Friday 3 June 2011



Ok remember yesterday when I shared my first ever textile picture? I thought I would show you how my work is coming along 10 years later, that makes me feel really old!


I will also share the processes behind them, looking at photos I'm often left guessing how things are made.  I've even come across one artist not willing to share how their work was made. I find that a bit silly myself as customers want to know what their buying.


Detail of 'British Industry'
Hand & machine embroidery, parts of it include hand dyed fabric & hand dyed threads.




Textile Town
Handmade paper painted with fabric dyes before adding machine embroidery.


Kenneth 
Mixed media, including calico, wool, toy stuffing & 
a Daily Herald Newspaper dated 1950.


A Motherly Hand
Mixed media, including calico, wool, sandpaper & a magazine dated Sept 1950. Want to know how I eye dark bit on the ears & nose? while still wet from the dye I pop them in the oven for a little while.


Little Red Ridding Hood
This little mouse knitted her own hood with cocktail sticks,isn't she clever!
Mixed media, including calico, wool & 
a Daily Herald Newspaper dated 1950. I make the eyes and buttons from fimo.

3 comments:

Sheeprustler said...

Your mice are amazing! Lovely blog :)

StitchArt.co.uk said...

Thank you very much :)

Butterscotch and Beesting said...

These are brilliat. Love the characters xxx